Alan Cottle has been invited to represent Pegasus Funding Resources as one of the specialists on the panel for “The Pitch” which is part of Venturefest Bristol to be held on 3 November.
Venturefest Bristol is building on successful Venturefest events held in Oxford and York and is taking place at the recently opened Bristol and Bath Science Park. The event has attracted sponsorship from Bristol University, Bath Spa University, HP Labs, several investment funds and leading West Country professional firms.
Over 40 businesses will exhibit in the innovation showcase and over 500 delegates are expected to attend.
During “The Pitch” ideas will pitched to the specialist panel of investors, businesses advisors and an open audience of Venturefest participants. There will be three separate sessions, each aimed at a particular type of new business idea.
- Emerging or established technology businesses with developed ideas for new products or services;
- Academics with emerging ideas based upon applications of their research;
- Student entrepreneurs with technology based business ideas.
Each pitch will take 4/5 minutes and the panellists will ask a few key questions and will be asked to complete a short feedback form on each pitch. As an additional incentive, the pitch judged to be the best in each section, by the panel, will win a bottle of champagne.
The objectives for “The Pitch” at Venturefest Bristol 2011are:-
- To practice the business pitch; and get expert feedback from the panel
- Get feedback on the business idea from professionals and fellow entrepreneurs
- Meet investors or potential funders
- Make new contacts, meet potential collaborators, suppliers and customers.
Pegasus Funding Resources are very pleased to be involved in “The Pitch” as part of our efforts to help businesses to access the funding they need to survive and grow.
Pegasus South West contacts are: